This is The Best #Food #Cokkies #Recipes >> Stained Glass Cookies
- Jolly Ranchers hard candies (approx. 20)
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (382g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for dusting
- Unwrap and separate Jolly Ranchers into each color then place in separate small resealable bags. Crush into small bits (not powder) using a meat mallet, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and salt until well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla.
- With the mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour and mix until well combined.
- Scrape dough out and shape into a rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Cut chilled dough into thirds. Leave one portion out to work with and chill remaining.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface (about 1/5-inch thick). Cut out as many large stars as possible using a star shaped cookie cutter (approx. 3.5-inch stars).
- Transfer cut stars to baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Cut a smaller star (using a 1.75-inch star cutter) from the center of each and remove*. Re-roll and cut scrap dough.
- Fill cut out centers about 3/4 of the way with crushed jolly ranchers. Chill cookies in refrigerator until firm, about 15 - 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cookies until set and candy center have melted, about 12 - 14 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet until Jolly Ranchers have set and hardened. Repeat process with remaining refrigerated dough. Store in an airtight container.
*You can use a toothpick if needed to help remove the centerpiece.
*If you'd like to be able to hang them with a ribbon then cut a small hole using a standard size plastic straw near the top before chilling and baking.